Saturday, September 19, 2015

Bird Shoal: Island of Inspiration

A little bit ago I visited Bird Shoal Island with some family and was immediately inspired by its beauty. I feel everyday the natural beauty surrounding us is being chiseled away by the destructive nature of humans and when I visit places such as this island I feel a connection like no other. Connections like these are what I live for, and are what I am inspired by more than anything in the world. I use these connections as an inspirational conduit to create pieces such as these few here.

 "Dunes No. 3"
 "Ocean No. 3"
 "Dune Grass"
 "Driftwood No. 3"
 "Driftwood No. 2"
 "Oysters"
 "Ocean No. 2"
"Sand"

2 comments:

  1. Each of these are amazing. I love that you are so inspired by the earth, especially the ocean. I have always loved the ocean and have so many fond memories of visits there with my amazing daughter and family. I miss those simple times. Your pieces take me back to those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had the BEST memories there! I am glad that you can relate to these pieces. Thank you DonnaK, you are the sweetest!

      Delete