Monday, March 23, 2015

Breakthrough Under Pressure

As a recently graduated studio art major, I am more motivated than ever to explore my artistic voice. My last semester was very stressful and I am grateful for all the support my family, classmates and professors gave me. I definitely could not have done this without them.

Through trial and error I finally broke through all the fog that clouded my mind and was able to find my true focus, nature. In the beginning I had the idea to portray landscapes in a way that showed the beauty in natural objects with underlying hints of the destruction that people cause to them. When these became less than successful, I struggled to find what to do next.

While looking through my photo albums of shots of trees and other plant life it dawned on me, I need to focus on portraying the parts of nature that are appealing to me, but also as something worth preserving. My main goal is to formulate works of art that raise questions and shine light on situations that would normally be an afterthought to an everyday passerby.  I want people to look at my work, recognize the object, and then begin to unravel it in their mind. 

With all that being said, I have made a complete transformation of style and hope to continually evolve as an artist. Here are five completed pieces. I am currently working on the sixth am itching to start the seventh.






4 comments:

  1. I loove the way you experiment with color. Its incredible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I try to bring out unnatural colors in natural objects to show how abstract and beautiful the simple things in nature can become.

      Delete
  2. Your expression of nature is amazing. It is wonderful to see your visions through your bold colors and intricate details. I'm so proud of you for pursuing your passion. Keep on making the world a more beautiful place, Cass.

    ReplyDelete