Monday, July 7, 2014

Series From Fall 2013

Since my last post I have taken a long break from painting models and turned my focus to painting, drawing and collage. Fall of 2013 I worked on my first series of oil paintings. This series consists of five abstract landscapes based off of places I have visited over the years and each painting has a specific complimentary color strategy. I used landscapes from Gatlinburg, TN, Fort Riley, KS, Cheyenne, WY and Wilmington, NC. These places are not only memorable for their beauty but because every visit has been with family, whether it was with my brothers station so far from home, a meeting place for distant relatives to come together or the place where my family now calls home. These beautiful landscapes in connection with the closeness of family have given me much inspiration over the years and there is not a day that goes by that the scenery surrounding me does not fill me with nostalgia.











10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are a very talented young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely abstract art. Happy to have found your work via your mama. I especially like the "family" inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a talented young lady! But what would I expect from Donna's daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely. I love the fun and lively way that you captured these landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who could have known that the little girl I met so long ago was this talented. Love your work Cass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Cass. You have a special eye for this!! Keep it up. I enjoy your mom sharing your work with us!!
    Paula Driver

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow these are fabulous! You are amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for stopping by. I will be posting more often now that I have a wide range of pieces to share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them...Pure Awesomeness....I've seen other things Your Mom has posted...Never give up on creativity....You have the eye for art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are lovely. I especially like the last one...its very earthy!

    ReplyDelete